Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some Flying Dogs

I grabbed a sampler 12-pack of Flying Dog brew to help hold me over while my kegs are dry. I bought it because I had heard of it before but never tried it. Got it home and it was pretty damn good, although both Jess and I detected a slight off-flavor that makes me think the 12-pack had been around a long time, or perhaps stored in a hot-ass warehouse for a while.

The 12-pack included bottles of Pale Ale, Hefe-Weizen, Amber Lager, Golden Ale, and their IPA. All were good (minus the slight off taste common to all) and Jess liked the Hefe (shocker).

I looked them up on the inner-toobs and realized why I had heard the name - they brew right in Frederick, MD! We're going on a tasting/tour of the brewery with some friends this weekend. Then we'll know for sure if those bottles were off!

No comments: