Sunday, July 20, 2008

Notes

I managed to go 6 batches without adding any fruit to my homebrew. As you can see below, batch 7 is incorporating strawberries. I hope it's good because it will be about 6 weeks before we can drink it.

Regarding the American Light Ale we have been making: it sucks. There is nothing wrong with the batches, we just don't like the taste of it. Batch 3 tastes just like batch 1 and I tasted batch 6 on its way to the keg and it's all the same - yuk.

So we have roughly 100 not-very-good beers to drink. I am recruiting friends to come over this week and help us power through it. I'm going to crank the fridge down and get it as cold as possible to ease the pain.

On the upside, the Weizens are great. I mean really great. Refreshing and light. I can't stop drinking them. We even bottled a six pack to take with us to a party over the weekend. Jess likes it better than Flying Dog's Hefe. Nice.

No comments: