Monday, August 18, 2008

Like Tom Petty Says...

...the waiting is the hardest part. I've got a few more weeks before I have a batch that is ready to drink - and I'm giving that one away! The horror! Shortly after that, the rest of the batches will be ready and under normal circumstances I would be backed up and able to relax on the brewing.

These are, however, not normal circumstances.

Why? Because October is coming. Or rather OKTOBER!! And the beer must flow!

Here is a list of all the Oktoberfests that Jess and I are going to try to attend and, to several, take homebrew. I'm not sure if we'll make them all, but we're going to give it our best. It's good to have goals!

9/13 - Gonzofest @ Flyingdog Brewery
9/20 - Foamstock: FOAM's annual camp out/homebrew/music extravaganza
9/27 - Wiacekhaus Oktoberfest and Homebrew Tasting
9/27-28 - Frederick Oktoberfest
10/? - Rod and Val's Oktoberfest
10/11 - Maryland Brewers Oktoberfest @ Timonium Fairgrounds
10/18 - Schifferstadt Oktoberfest: FOAM puts on the brewing demonstration at this event.

and to cap it all off...
10/25 - OUR Oktoberfest Campout!

Only the strong (brain cells) will survive the coming onslaught! Prepare yourselves! Meanwhile, I'll be jamming beer into production as fast as I can.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Oh my! And I was excited about going to ONE Octoberfest. I am pretty sure I am too old for that much fun all in one month!