Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ahhh Houston..?

We might have a problem. I poured the second batch of Kolsch on the yeast cake of the first batch and I have yet to see any real activity in the airlock. About 12 hours after after putting them together I saw some, but it has been dead ever since.

I replaced the airlock in case the first one was clogged (it was not) and peeked through the airlock hole. I thought I could see krausen, but it was hard to tell.

I'm going to give it another day and if there is still nothing happening I'll have to get a better look and maybe take a gravity reading to find out what is really going on.

On the up side, the Strong Ale is fermenting like nothing I have ever seen. I'm lucky I put a blow-off tube on it instead of an airlock otherwise I think I would have a mess on my hands.

No comments: