Friday, February 6, 2009

Where the Beer Flows Like Wine...

Before I post about how awesome the just-tapped Irish Stout is, I need to post about the Pilsener.

I didn't have time to post about it before because WE WERE TOO BUSY DRINKING IT ALL AS FAST AS WE COULD.

It was excellent. The best beer I have ever made by a long shot. Shawn took a keg and I kept one (we only brewed 10 gallons - big mistake!) and they were both gone in about 10 days. Everyone that tried it loved it including people that swore they hated homebrew. I took 2.5 growlers of it to a Super Bowl party and it was gone inside 30 minutes.

We will be making some tiny adjustments to it when we brew it again tomorrow. We're going to try the dry-hopping with a different kind of hops in each secondary and we're going to do a better job hitting our water volumes which should bring the ABV down a bit making it more the session beer it wants to be. Other than that, we're shooting for a repeat.

No comments: