Monday, November 3, 2008

Not A Winner Winner Chicken Dinner

I entered my Old Ale in the FOAM Cup tonight and came in fourth place (no, not "out of four" you vicious person) which is pretty good considering that first through third were taken by some of the club's well known top brewers.

The better news is that I found out later that I came very close to placing in the top 3 and might have if different people had been judging the contest.

The resident BJCP judge (quite prominent in the area) suggested that I enter the beer in other contests because, in his words, "this is very good and I wouldn't change much." I'm not sure if I'll bother doing that, but it was nice to hear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I think you should enter in another contest, just to see what happens.

D.

Aric said...

Awesome man. That's really cool.